About This Plan
Every NRI i.e Non Resident Indian who has earned income in India is required to pay taxes on such income. The income may be on rendering some services or on sale of some assets located in India. Any excess TDS that may have been deducted can also be claimed as refund only if assessee files return within due date.
- CA Assisted Filing of your Income Tax returns
- Email/Skype/Calling Support
- Includes foreign & domestic income and resulting tax liabilities
- Handling complexities of taxation in multiple countries, availing double taxation avoidance agreements (DTAA)
- Declaration of foreign assets for Indian residents (Schedules FA, FSI and TR in the Income Tax Return)
Who Should Buy
- Indian citizens working on-site, at client locations outside India
- Indian citizens who own a bank account or any other asset abroad
- Foreign nationals who work in India, who earn salary in India or have Indian assets
How It’s Done
- Upload documents on vault
- Review computation sheet
- Return filed & acknowledgement generated
Documents To Be Submitted
Form 16 from your company
Form 26AS Tax Credit Statement
Bank a/c -NRE/NRO A/C statement(if any)
Details of any Income earned in India
How do CA-Assisted Plans work?
Handling complex cases where foreign income is involved requires expert assistance. ClearTax assigns a chartered accountant to you after payment. The CA contacts you and prepares your return. Finally, the CA e-files the income tax return after your review.
Do you offer phone support in this plan?
Most of the support and assistance is offered over email. You can always schedule a phone call / Skype call with the CA at a time that’s convenient to you as per your time zone.
How do I determine my residential status?
Your residential status for Income Tax purposes is based on the number of days you spend within India. If you are a foreign national living within India, you may be considered a ‘Resident Indian’ for tax purposes, and similarly if you are an Indian living abroad, you might be considered a Non-Resident Indian (NRI).
Typically, if you are in India for 182 days or more during that financial year, you will be considered a resident. There are a few more conditions associated with this.
Who are the CAs who’ll be filing my return?
ClearTax taps into its CA network and puts you in touch with a qualified CA. These CAs bring a combined experience of 40 years in foreign taxation.
I hold stock of a foreign company as RSU/ESOPs. Which plan should I opt for?
This plan is the right plan for you. In this plan, a CA will prepare and submit your tax return to the IT Department. He will also fill out foreign income-specific schedules and check relevant compliance with regard to Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement.
What is the cancellation / refund policy?